1. What year was the AAGBI founded and who was the founder? (2pts)
2. In which year and in which journal did Sellick describe “cricothyroid pressure” to prevent aspiration?
3. Who published the first article on Halothane? In which year and in which journal was the article published? (3pts)
4. In which year was the “cylinder pin-index system” introduced?
5. In which year did the original DA examination begin?
6. In which year was the use of Entonox by midwives approved?
7. In which year was Ketamine developed and by which pharmaceutical firm? (2pts)
8. In which year was the RCA awarded a Royal Charter?
9. Who funded the first chair of anaesthesia? In which year was the first appointment made and who was appointed? (3pts)
10.Who discovered the local anaesthetic effects of cocaine and in which year was this discovery made? (2 pts)
11. What did the first Society of Anaesthetists in the UK become in 1893?
12. Who realised the analgesic potential of nitrous oxide in 1779?
13 When was the first description of “external cardiac massage”?
14. In which year was Propofol first used in clinical practice?
15.What do we mean by “chloroform a la Reine”?
16. When was the first AAGBI anaesthetic machine check list published?
17. Which is the oldest international anaesthetic society?